Absolute coded length measuring device for structural monitoring
|German title:||Absolutcodiertes Längenmessgerät für Bauwerksüberwachung|
|Acronym:||ALBau / ABCSmod|
|Duration:||1st January 2012 - 30th June 2012|
|Description:||Conventional linear encoders with their conflicting goals of resolution, measuring range and accuracy fail under the harsh conditions of building diagnostics.
A new sensor is to be used to create an absolutely encoded measuring system with high adjustment and thus user-friendliness.
The integrated adjustment aid is only achievable with microsystem technologies and significantly simplifies the assembly process. This leads to robust and low-cost products that open up the market more broadly.
Robust length measuring device for building monitoring with absolutely coded measuring system - Thus safe when restarting after power failures. Integrated temperature and humidity sensor as well as data logger with timer. Via battery buffer also mains-independent measuring operation for long-term monitoring is possible.
Developed sensor components:
- Scanning systems with 10µm and 40µm smallest track period (incl. scanning apertures and scales).
- Mounting concept/technology, including layout and pin assignment of the carrier PCB as well as mounting tolerances and adjustment criteria
- Lighting concept
Achieved features of the system solution:
- Absolutely coded and thus fail-safe measuring system
- Modular system with grating constants of 10µm resp. 40µm
- Thus measuring ranges up to 166 or 665 mm can be covered
- Sensor can be used universally for strain, crack, deformation and motion measurements
- Integrated alignment control system for robust manufacturing, offering metrological resolutions of 0.05µm at measuring ranges of 30mm.
Conventional sensors suitable for structural monitoring are at least a factor of 20 worse in resolution with this combination of features.
|Partners:||KMU aus Thüringen|
|Funded by:||Federal Ministry of Education & Research|
|Project sponsor:||VDI/VDE-IT GmbH|
|Contact:||Contact us about this project via our business unit MOEMS|
« back to project overview