Growth markets for IR
Optical gas sensors, so-called NDIR sensors for carbon dioxide, alcohol or ammonia as well as non-contact temperature measurement are to be highlighted. These applications are driven by the steadily increasing requirements in the fields of process measurement technology, building automation (climate and air quality), environmental sensor technology and medical measurement technology (respiratory gas analysis, body temperature).
At the heart of such sensors and measurement devices are IR emitters and detectors in combination with optical filters and lenses made of infrared-suitable materials such as silicon. The CiS Research Institute focuses on the competences:
- Optical simulation and system design
- Development and fabrication of MEMS IR emitters in different formats, power and dynamic ranges
- Development and fabrication of MEMS thermopiles and resistive bolometers
- Compact and, on request, hermetically sealed housing in standard and application-specific packages
- In-house analytics and measurement technology for the determination of all essential characteristics of the IR components